September 19, 2008

Call me Hobbes.

First, the title. One thing my Western Civilizations professor likes to do is let us pick nicknames for class. So my friend Kelly and I chose Calvin and Hobbes. Though I'm much more of a Calvin myself, I decided to take the opportunity to be a Hobbes for once in my life.

I have to say that I'm sorry for not really blogging as much as I would like. What with a weak internet connection on campus, no laptop of my own, and excessive amounts of homework, I'm finding little time for blogging. I want to change that however because I want to share with you all this wonderful experience.

We have our first paper due on Monday in which I will post my own online here. Our midterms start just a week after this coming one and then we depart for Greece on October 3rd. It's so exciting, really. I love traveling with the class. This very weekend, I decided to stay in Rome. I might go somewhere quiet next weekend to study for my midterms, but this weekend I thought I would stick around. We have a few exciting things going on on campus this weekend. Saturday night we have a showing of Quo Vadis and Sunday we're walking to inner Rome. Usually it's about an hour and a half by bus and subway. So it's going to be about a four or five hour walk down the Appian Way. We'll get into Rome near the Circus Maximus and then Monsignor will join us for Mass at a church that is rarely opened.

So that's what I'm looking forward to this weekend and coming weeks besides copious amounts of homework. I'll keep you updated when I can.

Ciao, peace, and God bless,
Hobbes

No comments: